Print PDF So these are some tables for Sigil, presuming you have taken my suggestion and are running it like I would.
As in infra-structure is far more chaotic and teeming, with who's in charge varying from block to block.
For purpose of these tables a block is 3d4X10 buildings long on each of its sides
The shape of the block is (2d6)
2: roll or pick a letter of the alphabet. It's that shape.
3: Square , as in all its lengths are the same
4: Lune, a crescent moon shape, roll length for the widest of its 2 axises
5: Spherical, roll length for the diameter
6: Narrow roll 1d4X10 for the length of on of its sides (the ends) and 3d4x10 for the "sides"
7: Standard more or less a rectangle, roll length on 2 sides
8:Kinda squished/stretched rectangle , roll each length separately
9: Triangle , roll length 3 times
10: Equilateral triangle, roll length once, all sides are the same
11:Irregular Polygon, 1d4+4 sides, each 1d4X10 buildings long
12:Regular polygon 1d4+4 sides , as above but roll once for side length.
Streets, if you don't wanna do what I would do and make whizzing noises and just scrawl a bunch of lines at random in the block, here's yet another table you can roll on
1:Tidy Grid so when you rolled the length of a side? Get whatever you rolled before you multiplied by ten and there is that many streets on each side of the grid. Assume alleys and lanes, catwalks and bridges for access to any buildings not on on these streets. Double or triple the street numbers for more teeming blocks
2:Mess Grid as above but roll again for the other side. Double or triple the street numbers for more teeming blocks
3: Rings, take that number for a side (or just roll 3d4 again) , halve it, round it up and there's that many ring streets in each other, with 2d4 "spoke" streets
4: Do that thing from Vornheim where you write words, overlap the letters and that's the street layout.
So.. Who's In charge Here?
I.e if something catches fire , who shows up to direct the citizens to put the fire out rather than loot the house, or who's gonna stop you from stealing everything?
(for the hive +4 to this roll ,and for upper ward -4. Everywhere else no mod, or choose a number between the 2 )
4-5 Grim helmed and masked servants of a justice god
6 Some Unlikely followers of a vaguely community minded god (so gods of thieves, luck, war, magic, industry for example)
7 Every upright citizen has a whistle. And a special toot. When the special toot is tooted , rapid mob justice ASSEMBLE!
8.An unlikely faction (Athar, Believers of the Source, Indeps)
9. A really unlikely faction, pressed into the role by circumstances (1d6 1.ongoing threat from monster/gang/faction 2. threat has resolved but kinda stuck now 3. really not sure how it happened, like totally blanking on it 4. place holder after power vacuum 5. Stepped into to calm down riot/simmering racial tension/aftermath of disaster, can't seem to unstep) 6. High up is heavily invested in community (either because of ethics, family, or personal interest) (ciphers, Bleakers, Guvners, Doomguard)
10.-11 Mercy killers
12-14 A district funded militia with a charter and head quarters
15 A barely coherent brute squad
16 A gang or freaky cult (or combination of the two) has its head quarters here and feels like its the only ones allowed to cause trouble here
17 Militia with a tight grip on district, pretty much a protection racket.
18 District is under the protection of one complete bad ass
19 Spooky constructs or magical animals that can smell guilt.
20+ No one is charge,may or may not be a complete shit hole depending on sense of community present
d4 1. everyone actively despises everyone else and it's more or less a lazy riot 2. People look after their extended family. Just. 3. Everyone looks out for everyone else but wouldn't put themselves at too much risk 4. Intense solidarity , "touch one touch all' mentality.
So this building I just ran into...
5-6 roll below
7 roll below but use the option for classy/trashier, (what ever is opposite for neighborhood)
8 roll again and add a result from Distinctive! table as well
options is for hive/lower ward/upper ward
1 Opium den/ fest hall ( or "fest hall") / hell fire club
2 Drinking shed/ Inn /Fancy Inn
3 Flophouse / Boarding House/ Hotel
4 Storage Ware house
6 Pit fighting Arena/ Tannery / Art Gallery
7 Boarded up ware house, 1 in 4 chance of being a secret head quarters for a cult or gang
8 Gang head quarters/ district peace keepers (station or head quarters)/""
9 Pawn Shop/ pawn shop/ antique ship
10 Tinkers/blacksmith/ haberdasery
12 Herbalist, hedge wizard, witch or fortune teller
Distinctive!(d20) (for results with slashes , these are choices not ward variants as in the table previous)
1. It's run by talking animals/constructs/undead/discards
2. recently been repaired after magic attacks
3. Weird glowing mushrooms cover it's roof
4. Subject to mysterious, arcane and threatening graffitti
5. Has elaborately carved facade from buildings last incarnation. Rumour that it was made from petrified monsters/people/animals
6. Burned out ruins, cursed to remain that way, normal service still applies, just run from basement or attic via ladder
7. been fumigated by dabus
8. Being run by faction that it does not really make much sense for them to run
9.Occupant has collection of weird shit like crazy/crazed bottled things, ears , candles, glass flowers
10. Fortified and paranoid about attacks from mysterious forces
11.Murder has happened, peace keepers or muttering mob investigating/"investigating"/jumping to wild conclusions
12. Infestation of Verminous Slaad/Cranium rats/Flits (blink lizards), abyssal cockroaches, celestial singing mice
13. All of the occupants have been replaced by anarchists/athar/doppelgangers. They all think that they are the only one, and no-one actually has any idea what they should be pretending to be, and so are all following each other
14. Has a suspicious door leading to the basement/attic/closet. "That door? Oh That Door. We dare not speak of it"
15. There's a portal here and a smuggling operation going on
16.Owner threatens players or tries to fine them or otherwise shake them down
17. Someone or thing emerges from portal (d6 1 disruptive animal 2 clueless 3 monster 4 thief on the run 5 substance from plane like water or lava or ooze or flowers 6 roll twice)
18. Someone here has a connection to a players past , like a family member or a dance school rival
19. Robbery in progress/about to happen/has happened
20. Dangerous accident is about to happen/happening/has happened
A district contains an exploding 1d6 blocks (exploding means if you roll a 6 you keep rolling and add all the rolls together)
Okay so making this makes me realize I need to make random gang or cult table and a random citizen of Sigil. Abulafia could help you out with the gang/cult one I guess. I might stick this table on there some time